Playgrounds are a great place for kids to enjoy some outdoor fun and physical activity. However, ensuring the safety and well-being of children is of utmost importance, especially in playgrounds. One of the ways to make playgrounds safer is by installing playground borders. In this blog, we'll explore the good, the bad, and the ugly of choosing playground borders.
In this blog, you’ll learn:
- Why playground borders are crucial for a safe and fun play space.
- How investing in quality borders enhances safety, appearance, durability, and accessibility.
- How to choose playground borders based on material, size, and installation.
- Which borders are an essential part of creating a playful environment with safe equipment. Why Frame It All’s playground border kits
Visit Our Website to find your next playground border kitWhy Choose Playground Borders? The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly!
Investing in Proper Playground Borders Protects Your Loved Ones
Choosing the right playground borders is an important part of creating a safe and enjoyable play space for children. Playground borders help to define the play area, contain the play surface material, and provide a clear boundary between the play area and other parts of the playground.
Investing in the right playground borders can have several benefits:
- Enhance safety: The right playground borders can help to prevent trips and falls, keeping kids safe while they play. Borders can also help to contain play surface materials, reducing the risk of injuries from loose-fill materials such as sand, gravel, or rubber mulch.
- Create an attractive play space: Playground borders come in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes, and can be customized to fit the design of your play space. Investing in visually appealing borders can help to create an attractive and engaging play space for children.
- Increase durability: High-quality playground borders are designed to withstand heavy use, extreme weather conditions, and frequent maintenance. Investing in durable borders can help to extend the lifespan of your play space, reducing the need for costly repairs or replacements.
- Promote accessibility: Playground borders can be designed to meet accessibility standards, allowing for wheelchair access and creating a play space that is inclusive to all children.
When investing in playground borders, it's important to consider factors such as material, size, and installation method. Common materials for playground borders include plastic, rubber, and wood, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. It's also important to choose borders that are the right size for your play space, and that are installed securely to prevent shifting or movement over time.The Good
The benefits of playground borders are numerous. Firstly, they provide a clear boundary for the playground, helping to define the area and making it easier to supervise children. Borders also prevent kids from wandering off the playground and getting into potentially dangerous situations. Additionally, borders help to contain the playground surface material, such as wood chips or rubber mulch, which can be messy and difficult to maintain if they spread beyond the play area. With a border in place, the surface material stays contained, making it easier to clean and maintain.
Playground borders also add a level of safety by reducing the risk of tripping or falling off the playground. Children can easily trip on uneven surfaces or fall off elevated playground equipment, and a border helps to prevent such accidents. Borders also protect the equipment from damage by keeping it within the designated play area.The Bad
One potential drawback of playground borders is that they can be expensive. Installing borders can cost several hundred or even thousands of dollars, depending on the size of the playground and the type of border used. This can be a significant investment, especially for smaller playgrounds or those on a tight budget.
Another downside is that some playground borders can be difficult to install. Borders made of heavy materials such as concrete require professional installation and can be challenging to move or replace if necessary. Borders made of plastic or rubber are easier to install but may not be as durable or long-lasting.The Ugly
While playground borders provide many benefits, there are some potential downsides to consider. For example, some borders may not be aesthetically pleasing and can detract from the natural beauty of the surrounding area. Borders made of plastic or rubber may not blend in with the natural environment, while concrete borders may appear too harsh or industrial.
Another potential issue with playground borders is that they can limit the flexibility of the playground design. Once the border is in place, it can be challenging to make changes to the playground layout or add new equipment without removing the border first. This can be costly and time-consuming, and may not be feasible for playgrounds with limited space or resources.
Overall, playground borders are a great way to make playgrounds safer and more functional. They provide clear boundaries, contain the playground surface material, and reduce the risk of accidents. However, they can be expensive and challenging to install, and may not be aesthetically pleasing or flexible in terms of playground design. When deciding whether to install playground borders, it's important to consider these factors and choose a border that meets the needs of the playground and its users.How To Choose The Right Playground Borders For Your New or Existing Playground
Choosing the right playground borders can be a daunting task, but with a few key considerations, it can be made easier (you’ll be building your playground border in no time!). Here are some steps to help you choose the right playground borders for your new or existing playground:
- Determine the size of your play space and choose borders that will fit within it.
- Consider the material of the borders, taking into account factors such as durability, safety, and maintenance.
- Decide on the height of the borders, depending on the play equipment and the age group of the children using the play space.
- Choose a border installation method that is appropriate for your play space, taking into account factors such as ground surface, soil type, and drainage.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you choose the right playground borders for your play space, creating a safe and enjoyable environment for children to play.Here’s How Frame It All’s Curved Playground Border Kits Protect Your Family & Give You a Stylish Backyard, Too!
Frame it All playground borders and border edging kits are great for retaining safety materials and emphasizing your playground area. The boards and brackets connect without the use of any tools! Just slide the bracket on each end of the board and lock it in place with a snap-lock plug. All you need is a hammer to install the stakes.
The composite edging boards are hollow making them super lightweight for their size. Each kit also comes with both anchor and stacking stakes so you can choose to stack your edging 2-levels. Both our straight and curved edging are available in 3 different colors and 2 thickness profiles so you can find what works best for your playground.
Curved boards allow you to follow any playground shape without having to contain it within blocky right angles. Straight and curved boards can be connected together too so you don't have to limit how you edge your playground!Purchase Your Frame It All Curved Playground Border Today