EVO 100 Waterproof Solar Powered Digital Hose End Timer (Tap Timer)
DIG's EVO100 is a Hose End Tap Timer with a 3/4” female thread inlet and male thread outlet. Power is derived via a patented, time-tested internal photovoltaic module and microelectronic energy management system that is fueled by the surrounding ambient light (solar). After being charged, this efficient energy system provides enough power for the timer to function at any time, night or day, and in any weather with no direct sunlight required. This energy system also makes the timer environmentally friendly, functioning only on clean renewable solar power without the need for a backup battery or AC power.
The EVO100 features a large, easy-to-read LCD screen and simple icon-based programming with weekly or cyclical programs, four start times per day, durations of up to six hours, program delay of up to 99 days, system off, manual operation, and a sensor wire connection to accept a rain sensor.
- Powered by a patented, time-tested internal photovoltaic module and microelectronic energy management system fueled by ambient light (solar)
- Easy to install and program
- Watering flexibility with a selection of watering frequencies and four start times per day
- Seven buttons and an integrated large, high resolution screen
- Easy-to-read LCD display with an AM/PM clock and icon-based programming for easy navigation
- Blinking notification on days the hose end timer is active
- 12- or 24-hour time format
- Non-volatile memory retains program integrity (excluding time)
- Manual irrigation cycle can be performed via the manual program button
- Quick-release faucet swivel adapter for easy programming, installation and removal.
- One button program off for easy irrigation suspension
- Energy conservation feature automatically turns the hose end timer screen off after 15 minutes
- Power level meter indicates the approximate charge (energy available)
- Semi-automatic, automatic or manual operation
- High flow diaphragm valve with DC solenoid available in 3/4" FHT inlet with screen and MHT outlet, or BSP thread
- Easy rain sensor installation through external wire
- Waterproof construction ensures reliable operation in harsh environments
- Environmentally friendly and energy independent; utilizes RoHS compliant components
- Three year warranty
- Type: DC latch
- Waterproof: IP64 certified
- Operating pressure: 10 to 100 PSI (.7 to 6.8 bar)
- Flow range: .1 to 8 GPM (.38 to 30 L/H)
- Temperature range: 38-130°F (3-54°C)
- Connection: female hose thread inlet (FHT) x male hose thread outlet (MHT) or British standard thread for tap (BSP)
- Power source: ambient light (solar)
- Sensor connection: yellow wire for closed contact rain sensor
- Power source: Ambient light (PVM)
- Input: 3,000 - 100,000+ LUX
- Sensor connection: yellow wire for closed contact sensor
- Controller dimensions: 5.75” W x 6.76” H x 2.25” D (14.6 cm W x 17.1 cm H x 6.3 cm D)
- Unit Weight including plastic clam shell packaging: 1.02 pounds (.47 kg)
- UPC code: 840620100038
- Timer housing: high impact plastic
- Inlet valve and solenoid: glass reinforced nylon with stainless steel plunger and spring
- Watering duration: one minute up to five hours and 59 minutes set in one minute increments
- Watering frequency: weekly or cyclical schedule with odd days, even days, or intervals from one to thirty (1- 30) days utilizing 365 day yearly calendar with leap year.
- In the weekly schedule, the hose end timer (tap timer) can be programmed to operate on any day of the week, such as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- In the cyclical schedule, the hose end timer can be programmed to operate on odd days, even days, or at specific intervals such as every three days.
- Up to four start times per day in weekly or cyclical schedule provides added flexibility for any type of watering application.
- Rain off/delay option with automatic restart up to 99 days
- Program off option stops program until reactivated
- Manual cycle via the program with automatic shutoff option
About EVO100 Waterproof Solar Powered Digital Hose End Timer
The EVO 100 is a single zone hose end electronic irrigation timer that is easy to install and program. The patented energy management system derives power only from ambient light which is collected by a small built in photovoltaic module. This energy is then stored in long-life super capacitors. There are no batteries to install or replace, and no external power supply is required. The timer has a quick-release swivel female hose thread inlet fitting and a male hose thread outlet.
Before you start programming, the timer will need to be charged for one to two hours in sunlight to get up to full power. Once it’s full though, as long as it gets around 10 minutes of ambient light per day, it will stay at full charge.
The EVO 100 is a light-powered maintenance-free timer with no batteries to replace or charge.
1. Install the timer to the faucet by turning the female inlet fitting clockwise until hand tight. The female inlet has a screen washer so, do not use any wrench to tight the unit . For BSP thread models wrap TEFLON tape on each of the male thread fittings used.
2. Turn the water supply on. The timer will open momentarily and then will shut off. Note: If it does not, push the manual operation button twice to ensure that the timer is closed.
3. If the timer is installed with a drip irrigation system, make sure to install a 150 mesh or higher screen filter to protect the drip system, then add a 15, 25, or 30 PSI (1, 1.75, or 2.1 bar) pressure regulator, followed with a swivel adapter to the drip tubing.
4. Test the timer using the manual operation button located below the display. Press the button to open and start water flow. If connected to a sprinkler or drip system, check that the system is working to your satisfaction and that there are no leaks. Press the button again to turn off the unit.
5. Program the timer.
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
If a rain sensor or other closed contact sensor is used, cut the yellow wires and add the sensor per the manual, sensor instructions, making sure to use a waterproof wire connection.