1/2" (.700 OD) Poly Drip Tubing
DIG’s premium quality 1/2" (.600 ID X .700 OD) poly drip tubing is available in lengths of 50'. The poly drip tubing is commonly referred to as drip irrigation tubing, blank tubing or distribution tubing. PE tubing or drip hose, is used as the primary drip irrigation installation supply line, into which micro tubing, drip emitters, drip line or micro sprinklers are attached to deliver water to the plant areas. DIG’s durable drip irrigation tubing is made with low-density polyethylene resin material with a minimum of 2%+ Carbon Black for extra resistance to the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays. DIG poly drip tubing exhibits a combination of outstanding environmental stress-cracking resistance and burst strength to meet every demand of drip irrigation system installations above or below grade.
- Available in 50'
- Contains a minimum of 2% concentrated carbon black resin antioxidant to protect the poly drip tubing from thermal degradation
- The poly drip tubing made with premium low density polyethylene resin exhibits a combination of outstanding environmental stress-cracking resistance and burst strength
- Use with our wide range of 1/2" compression fittings with .700 OD
- The poly drip tubing can meet any demand for above and below grade micro irrigation systems for gardening, landscape and agricultural installations
- Can be used with other manufacturers’ brands of the same size of outside diameter tubing
- Available in black color
- DIG poly drip tubing and micro tubing are made in the USA
- Operating pressure: up to 60 PSI
- Bending radius: 10"
- Color: black
- Size: 1/2" .600 ID x .700 OD (.50 wall thickness)
- Material: low-density polyethylene with a minimum of 2% carbon black
Drip tubing friction loss chart in PSI per 100'
|c3 Flow||cx||c2 1/2 in. with .520 ID||cx||c2 1/2 in. with .600 ID||cx||c2 1/2 in. with .620 ID||cx||cx|
|GPM||GPH||L/H||velocity f/s||head loss in PSI||velocity f/s||head loss in PSI||velocity f/s||head loss in PSI|
About DIG Poly Drip Tubing
DIG .700 OD poly drip tubing is generally is used as the main lateral or the supply line to deliver water to the plant area in a drip irrigation system installation in commercial, residential or agricultural applications. The poly drip tubing may be installed above the ground and covered with mulch to blend with the landscape, or below grade.
DIG .700 OD poly drip tubing is available in 100', 200’, 500’ and 1000' and it is manufactured with Dow 7510 low density polyethylene resin and includes 2%+ Carbon Black for extra resistance to ultraviolet rays. DIG’s premium poly drip tubing dimension is .600 ID x .700 OD, a universally accepted size used in drip irrigation installations. The poly drip irrigation tubing size can vary by manufacturer, with some having larger or smaller ID and OD, and each size may display different flow characteristics.
Poly Drip Tubing Installation Notes:
- Before you start, we highly recommend that you make a sketch of the garden or site with a detailed layout, mapping out the location of the poly drip tubing and micro tubing, the length of the drip tubing and the watering devices selected. This will make it easier to maintain the system at each new season or when expanding.
- Before unrolling the poly drip tubing from the inside or outside, depending on the type of coil used, leave it out in direct sunlight to warm it up. This will make it easier to work with.
- If the poly drip tubing is used in a below grade installation, we suggest digging a six to eight inch deep trench, to keep the poly drip tubing at a safe distance from cultivation practices. Leave the end of the poly drip tubing above the surface for periodic flushing.
- Last, we recommend not to exceed a total flow rate of 220 gallons per hour (3.6 GPM) on a single layout of drip irrigation tubing lateral.
Poly Drip Tubing Installation Steps:
- Using the poly drip tubing as a main lateral or as a sub lateral: Lay out the poly drip tubing per the sketch made. Secure the poly drip tubing to the ground using one of DIG’s stakes (pack of 1, model R60, pack of 10 R60-10, pack of 10, R62B) in key areas and add more stakes as you unroll the poly drip tubing. Add stakes every 6' - 10' and at the end of each section, or as needed. Extend additional drip irrigation tubing to the plant area. Several sections of poly drip tubing can be laid out through the site, leaving all ends open for flushing. An extra 1% of poly drip tubing length should be added to each lateral to compensate for contraction at low temperatures.
- Throughout the installation and per your sketch layout, add the black insert compression fittings if needed, such as tees (model C35) and elbows (model C36), leaving the end of the tubing open. To install the compression drip fittings, cut the tubing with a hand pruner, being careful to keep dirt from entering the line. Hold the drip fitting in one hand and the poly drip tubing in the other and force the drip tubing into the compression drip fitting by wiggling it from side to side.
- When completing the drip tubing layout task and before installing the drip emitters or micro sprinklers, turn the water on to flush the drip tubing. After flushing the line, close all the outlets of the drip tubing using the hose end cap (model Q58) or figure eight hose end (model F68B).
- The drip emitters are installed along the poly drip tubing at varying or at specific intervals. The distribution uniformity of water flow from the drip emitters along the poly drip tubing line will depend on the incoming pressure, number of drip emitters used per lateral, and the total length of the drip tubing used. It is very important to ensure high uniformity of water along the poly drip tubing by not exceeding our total flow recommendations (see Product Specifications).